Sunday 16 October 2011

The Hardest Thing To Do, but well worth it!

I'm afraid I have no photo for today's blog-post, but there are plenty of really good ones on Ember's blog, so please go and have a look!

Penelope Wilcock is the mother of my long-time best friend, and I was very proud and happy to be asked to join in with the musical festivities at the launch of her most recent book, The Hardest Thing To Do. I have to admit, I haven't actually read this one, due to current shortage of money, but I enjoyed the earlier ones, and the chapter read aloud at the launch party was moving and funny and interesting and stirring and all of those things that a book should be.

OK, plug over. But the party was magnificent! The theme, in keeping with the book, was medieval, so I was able to pull out my wedding dress (If you follow the link, I'm the musician with the blue dress and red bandana). I had a chance for a recorder performance, which I always jump at as most people forget recorders exist outside of primary schools, as well as some fiddling and singing which are always good. The audience sang well too, which is even better.

The party was held in Ember's church, a beautiful Gothic-style building lit with candles, with lavender strewn on the floor, and sheepskin rugs wherever people might wish to linger. The food and drink were varied and very very yummy, and I found good company wherever I looked. I haven't had such a good chat with a bunch of strangers for a long time!

1 comment:

  1. :0) So glad you were able to come - the party wouldn't have been complete without you! x

    ReplyDelete